What We Stand For
What does the name mean?
Why are we different?
What is Convergent Trading?
Convergent Trading is geared to helping individuals become career professional traders through the support of a healthy, supportive community and educational webinars. More than just a traditional trading chat room, Convergent Trading provides access to high quality, professional level content and tools.
For more information on what is included in the Convergent membership, please visit this link.
How do I sign up?
Please go to our subscription page to complete the sign-up process here.
Which forms of payment do you accept?
Why do I have to sign the provided documents?
Can I put my membership on hold?
Can I get a refund for the portion of the subscription after cancelling?
Do you offer free trials?
Getting The Most From Us
What products or assets do you focus on?
Convergent mainly focuses our effort at launch on providing what traders need to be career professionals in futures and options on futures. We also include cryptocurrency as this market becomes more and more prevalent. The key products that are in focus are the eMini-S&P500 (ES), NYMEX WTI Crude Oil (CL) and US 10 year Treasury Futures (ZN). However, we also have extensive experience trading eMini-NASDAQ (NQ), German DAX (FDAX), EuroStoxx 50 (FESX), German Bund Futures (FGBL) and Euro-USD Currency Futures (6E and M6E).
How can I get the maximum benefit from your service?
What must I be prepared for in order to get the maximum benefit from your service?
- Slow down your trading while you learn. It is key to give yourself time to learn
- When trading live, do the best you can to use full exchange margin per contract
- Make mistakes but don’t let a single mistake take away a large portion of your account. You won’t learn if you can’t trade
- Commit to approaching trading from now on as a business. Nothing is done on impulse…nothing!
- If you don’t have a clearly set out trading approach, trade management plan and risk plan, then simulate temporarily
- Share your homework in the appropriate chat channel. This gives others a chance to learn from and critique your assumptions
- Get the work and exercises done that we propose to you. There is no magic bullet or shortcut. Your trading approach has to be highly personalized and must be yours alone
- Attend all of our sessions and webinars. Even though it is something you may have studied already, invest in attending because it may click a little more clearly this time
- Turn off all other gurus, educators, chat rooms and groups. It is time for you to think in a focused and deliberate way. You are here now, so give this a chance by being deliberately focused on this opportunity
- Don’t lurk. Lurking (the act of just reading and absorbing without interacting) is fine for a day or two, but you will only get out of the community what you put into it. Ask questions, challenge assumptions and share your findings.
You benefit most by being active. The key items you will want to bring with you: –
- Good capitalization: Your trading errors will be your tuition. It is ok to lose and we welcome the help that losses provide in terms of timing or strategy
- A Growth Mindset: Leave your limiting beliefs at the door. There is not going to be room for the idea that there is such a thing as innate talent or curse. You can learn anything at any age. It is a function of approach and that’s what we are here for
- Strong Discipline: Follow your plan. This will be hard if you trade emotionally or give too much credence to your “gut” or “feeling” while you trade. Follow the plan you set out and then grade yourself using the TradeScore™ system. Adjust and repeat
- A Good Amount of Grit: You will fall. You will be disappointed. You will be frustrated. Things will seem hopeless. It may be so. But until you decide you are done, you have to have grit. You have to push through and keep improving. In our experience, when the turn comes, the mindset shift and process is quick. You won’t remember what it took
- A Clear Understanding of What we Provide and What we Don’t: We are not magicians. We are proprietary trading trainers. We know what it takes and know the process. What we can’t deliver are results that are guaranteed. We do our best to provide you with the most up to date and professional tools we use
Does FuturesTrader71 demonstrate live trading?
The Convergent Trading Community is not designed as a signal or trade calling service and FuturesTrader71 does not share his screen live. However, FuturesTrader71 and other Head Traders do sometimes post chat room messages about their trades as they unfold, where it makes sense to do so in order to help illustrate certain concepts.
The Convergent Trading Community is designed to help traders think and perform at a professional level.
Does Convergent Trading provide private mentoring or coaching?
We do not currently provide private coaching or mentoring. However, Convergent Trading members have plenty of opportunity to interact with FuturesTrader71 and other Head Traders via the chat room, forums and through regular live webinars, such as TradeTalks and Group Mentor Sessions.
Are there any software or brokerage requirements?
Whilst our recommended software can be found here, we have members who use Investor/RT, CT Bookmap, Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader, Jigsaw Trading and many more.
StalkZone™ and Master Levels are supported directly via Investor/RT, CT Bookmap, Sierra Chart and NinjaTrader indicators, but can also be downloaded as files in order to be used with other platforms.
Any focus on charting software is only relevant when attempting to match similar indicators with the software packages that other traders are using. The most important thing to consider is that the charting software can accurately reproduce intraday volume profile charts. This will allow you to follow along with FuturesTrader71 and other traders during webinars, the chat room or forums.
Convergent Trading is 100% agnostic in relation to brokerage firms and our members can and do have accounts from a wide variety of brokerage institutions.
Do you have a trading course?
We are currently working on a trading course which will address all of the skills and knowledge that we believe a trader needs in order to give themselves the best possible chance of long-term trading success.
We do not currently have a release date for this course, but if you wish to be notified of big announcements via email, please sign up to our newsletter by clicking here.
Do you back or hire traders for prop?
Whilst a prop component is under consideration for a future phase, Convergent Trading does not currently fund traders. At present, we are focused on building a foundation for traders who want to trade professionally, by providing a high quality professional trading community.