Convergent Trading w/FIO – An Afternoon With Morad Askar (aka FuturesTrader71)
Don't forget to leave a comment at the bottom of the post!
To view the video, click on the image above.
“We heard about it on a Thursday afternoon, that they were looking for traders in Chicago, at the Chicago Board of Trade. A new firm that was funded and had seats and was looking for prop traders and then I think on Friday morning, the very next day at 7:00 a.m. we jumped into a car and drove up to Chicago from Boca which is about a 22-hour Drive. We drove up to Chicago and on Monday morning we were basically banging on doors and looking for a position within the firm we know about and others.“
Presented by: Morad Askar, topics include:
- Trading while at University
- Leaving the corporate world to join an equities arcade
- SOES opportunities vanish after 9/11 and with changing policies
- The move to Chicago and the Chicago Board of Trade
- Trading as a futures prop newbie
- Making the turn to profitability
- Leaving a prop shop to start one
- Switching from scalping to context trading
- My winding path to the current moment
Follow Convergent Trading
Thank you for your incredible trading story.
Thanks Hamish. We are glad you enjoyed it.